Lips – An important part of our body, which most of us neglect. When it comes to skincare, lip care is also a part of it. Lip care is one of the important that should be performedonce or twice a week for getting soft and smooth lips. There are quite a lot of lip products like lip balm, lip butter, lip serum, lipstick, lip gloss, and the list goes on. An important and mandatory step for lips I keeping them moisturized and hydrated at the same time. So, always make sure to use a good quality lip balm.
Ingredients to Look for in Lip Balm:
When it comes to lip products, the ingredients should be transparent and nice for choosing. It is because the skin is so soft and thin that it gets cracked and dries easily. Rather than going for petroleum jelly or harsh chemical products, go for organic and pure oils, Shea butter, ghee, etc. kind of products.
If you go for tinted or coloured lip balms, there are always artificial colours included in them. Instead go for natural colour-inducing fruits and vegetables like strawberries, beetroot, carrot, etc. The colours that it gives are natural and free from chemicals.
Importance of Lip Balm:
- Applying lip balm helps in keeping our lips free from cracks and dryness.
- It is normal for lips to get peeled off due to excess dryness. Adding lip balm helps in preventing that kind of issue.
- Do not lick your lips frequently. This will make your lips even drier.
- If you are into colours, go for tinted lip balm. There are different flavours available, and you can choose according to your needs. My favourite choice would be Beetroot Lip balm, which is nourishing, healthy for licking, and at the same time gives a natural red tint.
- Also, do not forget to remove your lipstick or lip products before going to bed.
Simple Lip care Routine:
- Use raw milk or honey to gently massage and prepare your lips for the next step.
- Scrubs are the second and most important step in skincare. When it comes to lips, using Lip scrubs is mandatory for removing the dead skin cells present in them.
There are readymade scrubs available that you can choose from and go within organic shops. Else you can do DIY scrubs too. In that, you will have to make sure that the scrub particles are fine, and do not hurt your lip area. Some of the readymade, simple DIY lip care recipes are:
- White Sugar + Honey / Curd
- Brown Sugar + Honey / Curd
- Walnut + Honey / Curd
- Rice flour + Honey / Curd
The above are just examples, and you can use them according to your lip texture. Make sure the sugar/walnut/rice flour does not have big coarse blocks or big chunks.
Scrub in a circular and anti-circular motion for 3 to 5 mins. And wipe off!
- Now, you can apply the lip balm of your own choice, and feel the softness in the lips.
1. What are the ingredients in Ishal Naturalz beetroot lip balm?
It is a blend of natural and healthy oils and butter. The lip balm has shea butter, cocoa butter, almond oil, avocado oil, and jojoba oil infused with beetroot strands, beeswax, and essential oils.
2. Will this beetroot lip balm give a tint?
Yes, you will be able to feel a minimal natural tint from the balm. When you slide beetroot and apply it over your lips, you will get a bright red tint. But here, this is formulated with a light red shade over your lips for a minimal or no makeup kind of look.
3. Is beetroot lip balm good for lips?
Absolutely yes. Beetroots are rich in antioxidants. It will help in keeping lips soft and supple, and at the same time on continuous usage, you will see the pigmentation in lips fade away. It is because of the natural bleaching effect present in them.
4. Can I use them in my AM routine?
It is completely safe to use our lip balm in both AM and PM routines.